To celebrate the opening of the Manx Electric to Laxey 120 years ago, 1893-built Cars 1 and 2 will be used on scheduled M.E.R. services this Sunday.
With the 27th July 1894 being the date of the first test services operating to Laxey (with the line opening to the public the next day, 28th July), Sunday 27th July will see Car No.1 working the ‘D3’ diagram ( 11:10 Derby Castle to Laxey and 12:55 Laxey to Derby Castle ) with Car No.2 working the ‘D2’ diagram ( 10:10 Derby Castle to Ramsey and 11:40 Ramsey to Derby Castle ).
Timetable D will be in operation, and normal fares apply.
The newly opened M.E.R museum at Derby Castle will also be open to visitors between 11am and 3pm.