|CURRENT STATUS AND LOCATION||YEAR LAST OPERATED||LIVERY|
|Stored, Derby Castle Car Sheds||1971||Red/White/Teak|
Trailer No.54 was the final trailer built for the Manx Electric Railway in a batch of six delivered in 1893 by G.F Milnes of Birkenhead, as No.16. It was renumbered to No.33 in 1898 and finally No.54 in 1903/04. Bodywork wise, it was rebuilt with a canvas roof in 1894/95 from it’s condition as a fully open trailer, and rebuilt again in 1903 with a curved wooden roof.
A pre-war rebuild in the 1930s saw higher glazed end bulkheads added. No.54 was still available for summer work until August 1971, where it was withdrawn from service and permanently stored in Laxey Car Shed. The Trailer was one of four offered for sale by the M.E.R in 1978, however no successful bids were received.
It was moved from Laxey Car Shed for further storage at the Homefield Bus Garage in Upper Douglas in May 2002, returning to the M.E.R in November 2009. No.54 is now stored on trucks at Derby Castle Car Sheds, pending further decisions on its future.