Numbers Carried: No.13
Built: G.F Milnes, 1903-04
Classification: Small van with no platforms
Current Status/Location: Stored Under Tarpaulin, Laxey Blacksmith’s Siding
Year Last Operated: 1979
Livery: M.E.R Freight Grey with Stencil Lettering
History: Van No.13 was delivered at Derby Castle in 1904, listed in reports as a ‘small mail van’, entering service shortly after. Overhauled in 1957/58 (being re-wheeled from spoked to disc-style wheels), it was withdrawn from traffic during 1979 and placed in storage at Derby Castle Car Sheds. During the mid-1990s, the side doors were removed, and replaced by wooden boards.
No.13 was moved off-railway to the Homefield Bus Depot, Upper Douglas in January 2001, returning in November 2009 for further storage off tracks at Dhoon Quarry. Remaining there for 11 years, on the 23rd of October 2020 Van No.13 was moved to the Laxey Blacksmith’s Siding.