Trailer No.36 (1894)

TG_36_2019

Trailer 36 at the start of its restoration to working order, January 2019. © Andrew Scarffe

CURRENT STATUS AND LOCATION YEAR LAST OPERATED LIVERY
Under Restoration, Laxey Car Shed 1971 Brown/Teak (Undercoat)

History:

Trailer No.36 was the third trailer in a batch built for the Manx Electric Railway in 1894 by G.F Milnes, as No.19. It was renumbered as No.36 in 1898 with the impending construction of the ‘Winter Saloon’ Cars.

In use mainly on specials to Groudle and Laxey, No.36 last received workshop attention in 1965. It was still in use for summer work until 1971, where it was withdrawn from service and stored in the seaside road at Ramsey Car Shed, moving for further storage at Laxey Car Shed during 1973.

It was moved from there for further storage at the Homefield Bus Garage in Upper Douglas in May 2002, returning to the M.E.R in November 2009. No.36 was stored (on trucks) at Derby Castle Car Sheds for the next 10 years. In Winter/Spring 2019, the trailer was chosen for restoration and preliminary work was carried out pending full overhaul by M.E.R. workshop staff and volunteers. No.36 was moved to Laxey in May and full restoration since has commenced.

Information:

techninfobutton
gallerybutton


< Back to Trailers

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: