Technical – Van No.3 (1894)

Built: G.F Milnes, Birkenhead
Delivered to M.E.R:
December 1894

Overhauls/Modifications:

1939 – General Overhaul
Winter 1957/58 – General Overhaul
Winter 1963/64 – End Platforms Removed

Liveries/Repaints:

1894-1950s: Unknown

1950s-Late 1950s: Grey with Black Lettering (3)

Late 1950s-1964: Grey with Black Lettering (M.E.R and No.3)

1964-1967: Grey with Black Lettering (M.E.R and No.3)

1967-Winter 1969: Grey with Black Lettering (MER and 3)

Winter 1969-Mid 1970s: Dark Grey with White Lettering (M.E.R and No.3)

Mid 1970s-Current: Grey with Black Stencil Lettering (M.E.R and No.3)

Notable Dates:

14/05/2002 – Moved from Laxey Car Shed to Derby Castle (by rail), then to Homefield Bus Garage for further storage (by road)

30/10/2009 – Moved from Homefield Bus Garage to Dhoon Quarry, Creosote Cottage Site for further storage (by road)

xx/11/2010 – Moved from Dhoon Quarry, Creosote Cottage Site to Laxey Blacksmith’s Siding for restoration (by rail)

< Back to Van No.3 (1894)

Comments are closed.