Technical – Van No.16 (1908)

Built: Manx Electric Railway, Derby Castle, 1908

Overhauls/Modifications:

1943 – General Overhaul
Winter 1957/58 – General Overhaul

Liveries/Repaints:

1908-1955: Grey with Black Lettering (The Manx Electric Railway Co Ltd, No.16 and G Royal Mail R)

1955-Mid 1960s: Grey with Black Lettering (No.16 on side, 16 on ends)

Mid 1960s-Mid 1970s: Olive Green with White Lettering (M.E.R and No.16 on side, 16 on ends (later changed to No.16))

Mid 1970s-1983: Grey with Black Lettering (16 on side, M E R 16 on ends)

1983-Summer 2012: Grey with No Lettering (No Numbers)

Summer 2011-Summer 2014: Undercoat

Summer 2014-Current: Olive Green with White Lettering (M.E.R and No.16 on side, No.16 on ends)

Notable Dates:

January 2001 – Moved from Derby Castle Top Shed to Homefield Bus Garage for further storage (by road)

30/10/2009 – Moved from Homefield Bus Garage to Dhoon Quarry, Creosote Cottage Site for further storage (by road)

xx/10/2010 – Moved from Dhoon Quarry, Creosote Cottage Site to Laxey Blacksmith’s Siding for restoration (by rail)

< Back to Van No.16 (1908)

Comments are closed.