Technical – Trailer No.60 (1896)

Built: G.F Milnes, Birkenhead
Delivered to M.E.R:
Autumn 1896

1896-Current: Milnes Series 1
2012: Fitted with Roller Bearings

Seating Capacity:

1896-Current: 44


1896-1903/06: Trailer No.27
1903/06-Current: Trailer No.60


Summer 2011-Autumn 2012
Winter 2016/17: Repaint


Dates Carried Livery Notes Image
1896-1900s White/Teak with ‘Douglas & Laxey’ lettering
1900s-Early 1950s Red/White Repainted 1931, Re-varnished 1944
Early 1950s-Mid 1960s Red/Teak
Mid 1960s-Spring 2000 Red/White
Spring 2000-Winter 2016 Green/White Repainted Spring 2007
Winter 2016-Current Red/White

Notable Dates:

16/10/1996 – Moved from Derby Castle to IOMR Douglas Carriage Shed (Road 2) for storage

June 1997 – Moved from IOMR Douglas Carriage Shed (Road 2) to Derby Castle

< Back to Trailer No.60 (1896)

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: