Technical – Trailer No.57 (1904)

Built: Electric Railway and Tramway Carriage Works Ltd, 1904
Delivered to M.E.R:
Spring 1904

Trucks:
1904-Current: Brill 27CXT

Braking:
1904-Spring 2002: Fitted with Trailer Air Brakes
Winter 1994-Winter 1995: Fitted with Fell Caliper Brake Gear

Interior:
1904-Current: Fitted with Central Partition
Spring 1978-Autumn 1978: Seats removed and converted to a shop in Laxey Transfer Siding

Seating Style:
1904-1978: Transverse Reversible 2+1 wooden seats
1978: Partially removed
1978-Current: Transverse Reversible 2+1 wooden seats

Seating Capacity:
1904-Current: 32

Exterior:
1904-1960: Fitted with Side Window Bars

Overhauls:
1930
Autumn 1945
Winter 1960-Spring 1961
Winter 2001-Spring 2002
Spring 2010-Spring 2012

Liveries/Repaints:

1904-Autumn 1945: Red (Bordered White)/White/Teak (Lined Yellow/White), Red Bulkheads (Lined Yellow) with White Numbering and M.E.R Crest, White ‘The Manx Electric Railway Co Ltd.’ lettering on lower side panels. (Repainted 1926, 1930)

Autumn 1945-Spring 1961: Red/White/Teak (Lined Yellow), Grey Roof, Red Bulkheads with White Numbering, and M.E.R Crest on middle side panels.

Spring 1961-Autumn/Winter 1984: Red (Lined White)/White/Teak (Lined Yellow), Red Bulkheads (Lined Yellow with M.E.R Crest) with White Numbering, M.E.R Crest on middle side panels and White ‘Manx Electric Railway.’ lettering on lower side panels. (lettering changed to Yellow ‘Isle of Man Railways’ in Spring 1978)

Autumn/Winter 1984-Spring 2002: Red (Bordered White)/White/Teak (Lined Yellow/White), Red Bulkheads (Lined Yellow with M.E.R Crest) with White Numbering, M.E.R Crest on middle side panels and White ‘The Manx Electric Railway Co Ltd.’ lettering on lower side panels.

Spring 2002-Current: Red (Bordered White)/White/Teak (Lined Yellow/White), Red Bulkheads (Lined Yellow/White) with White Numbering and ‘Isle of Man Transport’ Logos, White ‘Manx Electric Railway’ lettering on lower side panels.

Notable Dates:

27/03/1995 – Moved from Derby Castle Car Sheds to Snaefell Mountain Railway – Bungalow
29/03/1995 – Moved from Snaefell Mountain Railway – Bungalow to Derby Castle Car Sheds

24/04/1995 – Moved from Derby Castle Car Sheds to Snaefell Mountain Railway – Bungalow
01/05/1995  – Moved from Snaefell Mountain Railway – Bungalow to Derby Castle Car Sheds

05/05/1995 – Moved from Derby Castle Car Sheds to Snaefell Mountain Railway – Bungalow (via IOMR Douglas Yard)
08/05/1995  – Moved from Snaefell Mountain Railway – Bungalow to Derby Castle Car Sheds

23/06/1995 – Moved from Derby Castle Car Sheds to Snaefell Mountain Railway – Bungalow
27/06/1995 – Moved from Snaefell Mountain Railway – Bungalow to Derby Castle Car Sheds

22/09/1995 – Moved from Derby Castle Car Sheds to Snaefell Mountain Railway – Bungalow
25/09/1995 – Moved from Snaefell Mountain Railway – Bungalow to Derby Castle Car Sheds

29/09/1995 – Moved from Derby Castle Car Sheds to Snaefell Mountain Railway – Bungalow
01/10/1995 – Moved from Snaefell Mountain Railway – Bungalow to Derby Castle Car Sheds

< Back to Trailer No.57 (1904)

Advertisements

Comments are closed.