Technical – Trailer No.49 (1893)

Built: G.F Milnes, Birkenhead
Delivered to M.E.R:
Summer 1893

Trucks:
1893-Current: Milnes Series 1

Seating Capacity:

1893-Current: 44

Exterior:

1894: Fitted with Curved Canvas Roof
1903: Fitted with Curved Wooden Roof
Mid-1940s: Rebuilt with full-height Bulkheads

Numbering:

1893-1895: Trailer No.11
1895-1898: Trailer No.23
1898-1903/04: Trailer No.28
1903/04-Current: Trailer No.49

Overhauls:

1930
Mid-1940s
Winter 1978-Spring 1979
Summer 1995-Spring 1996

Liveries/Repaints:

1893-1894: Brown (Cream Numbering, Brown (Lined Yellow/Cream) Bulkheads with Douglas & Laxey Coast Electric Tramway lettering), Brown Valance, and Grey Footboards.

1894-Mid 1940s: Brown (Yellow Numbering, Brown (Lined Yellow) Bulkheads), Brown Valance, White Roof and Grey Footboards. (Repainted 1931)

Mid 1940s-Pre 1962: Red/Teak (White Numbering, Red/Teak Bulkheads), Red Valance, White Roof and Grey Footboards.

Pre 1962-Winter 1978: Red/White (White Numbering, Red/Teak Bulkheads), White Valance, White Roof and Grey Footboards.

Spring 1979-Summer 1995: Maroon/White (Gold Numbering, Maroon (Lined Cream)/Teak (Lined Gold) Bulkheads), Maroon/Lined White Valance, White Roof and Grey Footboards.

Spring 1996-Current: Maroon/White (Gold Numbering, Maroon (Lined Cream)/Teak (Lined Gold) Bulkheads), Maroon/Lined White Valance, White Roof and Grey Footboards.

Notable Dates:

16/10/1996 – Moved from Derby Castle to IOMR Douglas Carriage Shed (Road 2) for storage

13/06/1997 – Moved from IOMR Douglas Carriage Shed (Road 2) to Derby Castle

< Back to Trailer No.49 (1893)

Comments are closed.