Technical – Car No.14 (1898)

Conductors:
1898-19xx: Trolley Pole
Current: None

Trucks:
1898-April 2002: Milnes Series 3 (E.C.C Frames)
April 2002-December 2009: None
December 2009-January 2010: Milnes Series 3 (E.C.C Frames)
January 2010-October 2014: Derby Castle-end Milnes Series 3 (E.C.C Frames), Ramsey-end raised on wooden sleepers
October 2014-November 2014: Derby Castle-end Milnes Series 3 (E.C.C Frames), Ramsey-end: Brush ‘D’ truck No. 974
November 2014-March 2015: Derby Castle end: raised on wooden sleepers,  Ramsey-end: Milnes Series 3 (E.C.C Frames)
March 2015-October 2016: Milnes Series 3 (E.C.C Frames) (Derby Castle end ex-Car No.31)
October 2016-Current: Raised on Trestles

Traction Motors:
1898-2002: 4 x E.C.C (Electric Car Company, Wolverhampton) 20hp

Controllers:
1898-1946: General Electric K11 units
1946-1963: General Electric K12 units (units swapped for K11 units with Car No.5)
1963-Current: General Electric K11 units

Braking:
1898-Current: ‘Ratchet’ Handbraking

Seating Style:
1898-Current: Crossbench

Seating Capacity:
1898-Current: 56

Overhauls:
1938
Winter 1955-Spring 1956
Spring 2015-Current (ongoing)

Liveries/Repaints:

Dates Carried Livery Notes Image
1898-1899 Brown/White/Teak with ‘Isle of Man Tramways & Electric Power Co.’ lettering  Lettering carried on solebar
1899-1903  Brown/White/Teak with ‘Douglas & Ramsey Electric Tramways’ lettering Lettering removed 1902
1903-1944/47 Red/White/Teak with ‘The Manx Electric Railway Co Ltd.’ lettering  Repainted 1924
1944/47-Winter 1955 Red/White/Teak with M.E.R Lettering
Winter 1955-1968/69 Red/White/Teak with ‘Manx Electric Railway.’ lettering
1968/69-Summer 2015 Red/White/Teak with ‘Manx Electric Railway.’ lettering

Notable Dates:

17/04/2002 – Moved from Laxey Car Shed to Derby Castle Top Sheds by Car No.6

29/04/2002 – Moved partly to Derby Castle by Car No.9, then hand-pushed to departure stop for de-trucking and onward movement to Homefield Bus Garage, Upper Douglas

03/12/2009 – Moved from Homefield Bus Garage, Upper Douglas back to Derby Castle departure stop, and was re-trucked.

21/01/2010 – Moved from Derby Castle Car Sheds to Ramsey Car Shed by Locomotive No.34, Ramsey-end truck removed and placed on wooden sleepers.

27/10/2014 – Brush ‘D’ Truck No.974 placed underneath Ramsey-end for onward movement.

05/11/2014 – Moved from Ramsey Car Shed to Laxey by road, then to Laxey Car Shed by Car No.32, then de-trucked and placed on wooden sleepers.

25/03/2015 – Retrucked using trucks ex-Car No.31, then moved from Laxey Car Shed to Derby Castle Car Sheds by Car No.33.

< Back to Car No.14

Comments are closed.