Following a two year restoration, Wagon No.10 has been returned to display in ‘as built’ condition by Andrew Scarffe and members of the Laxey and Lonan Heritage Trust.
The 1898-built vehicle was withdrawn in the late 1990s having spent the previous thirty years as a Tower Wagon. No.10 was then stored in Laxey Car Sheds until February 2009, when it was moved to the Great Laxey Mines Railway for restoration into it’s original condition. The wagon returned to M.E.R metals in early 2011 along with Vans No.3 and No.16 which are now also undergoing restoration by the Laxey and Lonan Heritage Trust.
It is hoped that No.10 will see some use at enthusiasts events alongside Van No.4, currently it is available to view in the Blacksmiths Siding at Laxey. Further information is available by contacting the Laxey and Lonan Heritage Trust.