Timetable and Services
- Single line working between Lewaigue and Ramsey on the landside line began once again on the 9th of September, to allow contractors to continue stablisation work on the cliffs near Ballure.
- As part of the Branch Line Society visit to the Island in mid-September, Car No.1 and Trailer No.58 were used on the 17th for a private track tour of the system, covering all available crossovers and sidings where possible.
On The Line
- Following the announcement of their relocation, the Mercury Arc Rectifiers currently located in Laxey Substation were ran for the last time on the 7th of September.
- Tynwald approved £678,000 for the Laxey Phase 3 scheme to relay the track through Laxey Station on the 16th of October, with work to be carried out during the Winter 2013/14 period.
- Preperations for a rewire of the landside road have been carried out between Port Jack and Onchan Head, using Works Trailer No.52.
- A full review of the M.E.R 120th Anniversary Day that took place on the 7th of September can be found HERE.
- Preliminary dates for special events taking place in the 2014 season have now been announced, and can be found HERE.
- Full details for the 2013 Winter Photography Event were announced in mid-September, and can be found HERE.
- As part of the Manx National Heritage Open Days on the 5th and 13th of October, a series of guided tours were given around Derby Castle Car Sheds, with a display of rolling stock on the fan.
- Two successful ‘Pie in the Sky’ dining events were held on the 27th and 28th of September, and the 18th and 19th of October. Both attracted full bookings, with participants being carried from Derby Castle to Laxey aboard the M.E.R, then onto Snaefell Summit for a full supper and stargazing evening.
Thanks to all for news and information!