- Following motor issues, Tunnel Car No.7 has recieved a freshly overhauled pair of Brush D trucks (ex Car No.26) to replace those that failed on July 20th (ex Car No.27). These trucks have only recently returned to the system, and, as well as having refurbished motors, have been fitted with overhauled axles and roller bearings. It is planned that No.7 will return to service in time for the 2013 season.
- Winter Saloon No.22 also saw truck issues in July and, although having been in use on test since, has not returned to service. The Car is planned to gain a replacement axle on its Douglas end truck and return to service next year.
- Trailers 46 and 47 had been moved to Laxey Car Shed by early November for repainting over the winter months.
- Trailer No.60, having been overhauled over the summer with refurbished axles and bearings, is ready to return to service next year. The unique trailer was out on test in late October.
- The restoration of Van No.16 at Laxey by members of the Laxey & Lonan Heritage Trust continues, with the rebuilding of the Ramsey end of the wagon almost complete as well as two new sets of doors.
- Following use on contract work for the new sewage works at The Garey, flat wagon ‘RF308‘ has returned to the Isle of Man Steam Railway.
- A new permanent way vehicle has arrived on the M.E.R. in the form of Wickham Railcar No.7442. The vehicle has been out of use for several years and stored in Castletown Goods Shed on the Steam Railway, however the railcar has been delivered to Derby Castle for refurbishment and use as a crew riding vehicle.