Dhoon Quarry – Open 1900, closed 1930s – Located north of the Dhoon Glen, the complex served both the Dhoon West Quarry (ran by the M.E.R itself), and Dhoon (ran by the Isle of Man Highway Board, closed eventually in 1972)
Dhoon was served by an 225 meter long aerial ropeway, the small buckets being tripped from inside the Quarry to a loading platform located on a siding on the seaward side of the line, which was capable of loading one Wagon at a time.
Dhoon West was served by a 2ft gauge railway, which headed east underneath the A2 Ramsey Road in a tunnel to connect with the Quarry. It was served by a siding on the land-side with a crushing unit and weighbridge. The weighbridge provided for the Quarry Operations (added during the construction of the exchange sidings during 1900) was H Pooley and Son No.10293.
The exchange sidings also had their own Sawmill and Sleeper Depot (located between the Weighbridge and the Creosote Cottage, where the wood was creosoted), constructed out of wood and corrugated iron, and was used until the 1950s to cut timber from the M.E.R owned glens for internal fencing, buildings and sleepers. The depot was demolished during 1973 (the ex-M.E.R Car SEHC 25hp Traction Motor used to power it being salvaged for further use).
The Creosote Cottage was demolished and the site of it cleared during Winter 1979-80. The stores building has survived till this day, used now by the Permanent Way Department.
During early 1991-92, the complex was tidied up in preparation for the 1993 ‘Year of Railways’ event, with the weighbridge removed, and the siding next to the site of the Creosote Cottage re-built especially with provisions for coaling and watering.