Numbers Carried: No.25
Built: M.E.R Derby Castle, 1904
Classification: Sheep Trailer, then Dreadnought Stone Wagon
Current Status/Location: Scrapped
Year Last Operated: 1944
History: Wagon No.25 was built in 1904 as a bogie wagon with high slatted sides, using a pair of de-motored 1893/94 Milnes S3 trucks, for sheep and livestock traffic. The demand for transit of livestock by rail had dropped off by the 1920s, so it received a new body and was rebuilt as a ‘Dreadnought’ stone wagon in April 1924. No.25 later received a truck in Winter 1936/37 from fellow ‘Dreadnought’ Wagon No.19, to replace the Ramsey-end truck that had been broken.
It was officially written off post-war in 1952, and was broken up in 1954 after a long storage period at Dhoon Quarry.