Numbers Carried: No.24
Built: M.E.R Derby Castle, 1904
Classification: Sheep Trailer, then Dreadnought Stone Wagon
Current Status/Location: Scrapped
Year Last Operated: 1952?
History: Wagon No.24 was built in 1904 as a bogie wagon with high slatted sides, using a pair of de-motored 1893/94 Milnes S3 trucks, for sheep and livestock traffic.
The demand for transit of livestock by rail had dropped off by the 1920s, so it recieved a new body and was rebuilt as a ‘Dreadnought’ stone wagon in March 1924. It was officially written off post-war in 1952, and was broken up in 1957 after a long storage period at Dhoon Quarry.