Builder: Taylor & Hubbard Co, Leicester
Numbers Carried: IMR No.3
Classification: 4 Wheel Steam Crane
Current Status/Location: Unknown
Year Last Operated: 2004?
Year Visited: 1994
History: IMR Crane No.3 was used from 1928 on a 240ft standard gauge line on a dock in Laxey Harbour. It was preserved for many years at a farm near Santon, given the number 3 in the next number in sequence after the two IOMR cranes and restored by Cpn. Stephen Carter over 5 months, then being regauged to 3ft for use on the Island’s railways. It was eventually recommissioned on the 25th of July 1994.
No.3 was a visitor to the M.E.R during 1994, and was hauled by Motor No.26 for demonstration runs between Derby Castle and Laxey, with Wagon No.21. After this, No.3 went to the IOMR, and was used for numerous enthusiast events and photographical charters, It was then kept at Douglas until 2001, where, until 2005, it was ran and stored at the current site of the Great Laxey Mines Railway’s revised station in Dumbells Row. It’s current location is unknown, believed to be sold off island.