For the construction of the Laxey-Ramsey section of the M.E.R in 1898, four wagons were leased from the Manx Northern Railway .
No’s 20 and 21
Built: Ashbury Railway Carriage & Iron Co, 1880
History: These two wagons were built for the Manx Northern as low sided convertable wagons for transporting goods. Following a lack of sucess on the Manx Northern, the wagons were used as part of the construction of the Snaefell Mountain Railway in 1895, with No.20 being withdrawn a year later. Both spent several months on the M.E.R, with No.21 returning late in 1898 however No.20 was presumably broken up. No.21 survived as IMR No. Hr39 until withdrawl in 1961.
No’s 24 and 29
Built: Swansea Wagon Co, 1884
History: These two wagons, from a class of eight, were delivered to the Manx Northern in 1884 and were almost identical to the Isle of Man Railways M Class. No’s 24 and 29 spent all of 1898 based at Laxey before returning to the M.E.R. The Wagons became IMR No’s Mr30 and Mr35 respectively, and were scrapped between 1951 and 1974.