Builder: Vulcan Motor Engineering Co, Southport
Numbers Carried: No.49
Current Status/Location: Stored, Private Residence, Ramsey
Year Last Operated: 1976
Livery: Red and White
Year Visited: 1980 – 1993
History: Horse Tram No.49 was built in 1935 as a batch of five (two Buses and three Horse Trams) by the Vulcan Engineering Company based in Southport, and lived a fairly average life until it’s withdrawal from service in 1976. No.49 was then acquired by the M.E.R for intended use as a waiting shelter in 1980 with Trams No.48 and No.50, however only No.49 saw use, usually parked on the Groudle Siding at Derby Castle. No.49 was then placed on loan to the Isle of Man Railway and Tramway Preservation Society, moving shortly after to the museum at Ramsey Car Shed by road in 1982-83.
After the closure of the museum in 1991, the trailer was kept inside the Car Shed, moving to the IoMR yard at Douglas in June 1993. It was then transported to the Homefield Bus Garage, Upper Douglas in June 2004, moving out during the mass exodus in December 2009 to the Jurby Transport Museum. No.49 left Jurby in December 2010 for further storage at a private site in Baldrine, later moving to a residence in Ramsey in 2015.