Builder: Milnes and Voss Co
Numbers Carried: No.47
Classification: Roofed Toastrack Trailer
Current Status/Location: Awaiting Restoration, Wirral Transport Museum & Heritage Tramway.
Year Last Operated: 1978
Livery: Red with Blue Lining
Year Visited: 1982 – 1993
History: Horse Tram No.47 was built in 1911, and arrived on the island in March of the same year. After a 67 year career on the Bay Tramway, it was withdrawn from service in 1978 and moved to storage at the York Road Bus Depot in Upper Douglas. The trailer was then placed on loan to the Isle of Man Railway and Tramway Preservation Society, moving shortly after to the museum at Ramsey Car Shed for display.
After the closure of the museum in 1991, the trailer was kept inside the Car Shed, moving for off-rail storage at the IOMR yard at Douglas in 1993. In 1994, No.47 was then placed on permanent loan to the IOMRATPS. No.47 was then moved to the Homefield Bus Garage, Upper Douglas in June 2004, moving out during the mass exodus in December 2009 to the Jurby Transport Museum. After a long period of outside storage, No.47 was then moved in May 2021 to the Wirral Transport Museum & Heritage Tramway at Birkenhead for eventual restoration and display.