Builder: Starbuck Car and Wagon Co
Numbers Carried: No.11
Classification: Open Toastrack Trailer
Current Status/Location: Stored, Jurby Transport Museum.
Year Last Operated: 1978
Year Visited: Sep 1982 – June 1993
History: Horse Tram No.11 was built in 1886, and arrived on the island in the Autumn/Winter of that year. It was withdrawn from service in 1978 and moved to storage at the York Road Bus Garage in Upper Douglas. The trailer was then placed on loan to the Isle of Man Railway and Tramway Preservation Society (then the Isle of Man Railway Society) in January 1979, moving shortly after to the museum at Ramsey Car Shed in September 1982.
After the closure of the museum in 1991, the trailer was kept inside the Car Shed, moving to the IoMR yard at Douglas in June 1993 and also being placed on permanent loan to the IOMRATPS in October 1994. No.11 was taken from the yard in November 1998 to storage outside the Derby Castle Horse Tram Sheds. It was then moved for undercover storage to Homefield Bus Garage, Upper Douglas in September 2005, moving out during the mass exodus in December 2009 to the Jurby Transport Museum, where it remains in storage to this day.
< Back to Visitors