|CURRENT STATUS AND LOCATION||YEAR LAST OPERATED||LIVERY|
|Undergoing Overhaul, Derby Castle Car Sheds||2008||M.E.R Red/White/Teak|
Trailer No.62 was built in 1906 by the successors of the ER&TCW Company, the United Electric Car Company of Preston and mounted on Brill 27CxT trucks. It was designed to match the two Motors ordered, Nos.32 and 33, and from entering service, was found usually partnered with Car No.32. No.62 also was one of the only three trailers to carry ‘Nationalised Green’ livery during the late 1950s and early 1960s, alongside Trailers No.50 and No.61, re-appearing in the colour scheme for the 1979 ‘Centenary of Electric Traction’ celebrations, losing it during Spring 1986 for the more normal Red and White.
Trailer No.62 saw regular seasonal use during the 1990s and 2000s, being stored for a period from 2007 to 2008 at Laxey Car Shed due to its partner, Car No.32, being on loan to the Overhead Line Department. No.62 was withdrawn before the commencement of services in 2009 after it was found to be suffering from cracked axles on its trucks. After a period of 9 years in store, Trailer No.62’s overhaul commenced in November 2016, which should see it return in time for the 2017 season.