|CURRENT STATUS AND LOCATION||YEAR LAST OPERATED||LIVERY|
|In Service||In Service||M.E.R Red/White/Teak|
Trailer No.56 was built in 1904 by the Electric Railway and Tramway Carriage Company of Preston alongside Cars 28-31 and designed to match, mounted on Brill 27CxT trucks. It remained pretty constant in traffic from construction with regular partner Car No.26 until 1991, whereupon it was chosen to be converted into an Enclosed ‘Disabled Access’ saloon car.
It debuted in it’s new form during April 1995, with wider sides, removable seats and a wheelchair lift located at the Ramsey sea-side end. No.56 makes occasional appearances for private hires and times where disabled access is required on the timetabled service. The Trailer was recently repainted in Winter 2012/13, appearing in the same style as before.