|CURRENT STATUS AND LOCATION||YEAR LAST OPERATED||LIVERY|
|In Service||In Service||M.E.R Blue/White|
Trailer No.48 was ordered for the extension of the M.E.R to Ramsey, and was the final one of a batch built by G.F Milnes as a Crossbench of the No.44-No.48 series in 1899, and initially painted to match the brand new Cars of No.14-18.
No.48 has seen pretty much constant use from its construction, usually operating on full-line service and specials. It saw a repaint into a Brown and Cream colour scheme, of the Douglas, Laxey and Ramsey Electric Tramway Company with the intention to match Car No.19 in the same guise in Spring 1998, though after the Winter Saloon was changed to an interpretation of the 1950s livery in 2002, No.48 was again repainted in the conventional M.E.R Red/White/Teak in Spring 2003.
No.48 was withdrawn after derailing at Ballafayle Kerruish in August 2008 (severely damage the Derby Castle end roof and bulkhead), but after a series of repairs returned to service in June 2011 in the Prussian Blue livery of the Douglas and Laxey Electric Tramway (with Manx Electric Railway lettering), matching the recently overhauled Car No.7.