|CURRENT STATUS AND LOCATION||YEAR LAST OPERATED||LIVERY|
|In Service||In Service||M.E.R Red/White/Teak|
Trailer No.46 was ordered for the extension of the M.E.R to Ramsey, and built by G.F Milnes as a crossbench of the No.44-No.48 series in 1899, and initially painted to match the brand new Cars of No.14-18.
No.46 has seen pretty much constant use from its construction, operating on full-line service and specials. It is the oldest surviving example of the ‘standard’ M.E.R Trailer, with the original Trailer No.44 being destroyed in the April 1930 Laxey Car Shed Fire, and No.45 rebuilt as a Permanent Way Flat during 2003.