|CURRENT STATUS AND LOCATION||YEAR LAST OPERATED||LIVERY|
|In Service||In Service||M.E.R Red/White/Teak|
Trailer No.44 was ordered in 1930 from English Electric at Preston as a body, and then fitted with Milnes 1894 trucks salvaged from the April 1930 Laxey Car Shed Fire, which claimed the original Trailer No.44.
The Trailer has seen constant use from it’s construction, operating usually on the full-line service. It is also one of the few M.E.R items of stock yet to reach it’s centenary!
In early 2009 it was found to be suffering from the ‘cracked axles’ problem that was spread through most of the trailer fleet, but was quickly overhauled with a new set of trucks, returning to traffic later the same year. No.44 is currently operational after undergoing a repaint in the Bottom Sheds at Derby Castle during Winter 2014/Spring 2015.