Trailer No.44 (1899)

Trailer No.44 loading at Laxey during the early 1900s. © Website Collection

CURRENT STATUS AND LOCATION YEAR LAST OPERATED LIVERY
Scrapped, 1930 1930 The M.E.R Co Red/White/Teak

History:
Trailer No.44 was ordered for the extension to Ramsey, and built by G.F Milnes as the first of the standard crossbench No.44-No.48 series in 1899, initially painted to match the brand new Cars of No.14-No.18.

The Trailer remained in service pretty much constantly until April 1930, where it was destroyed in the Laxey Car Shed fire, and not replaced.

< Back to Trailers

Advertisements

Comments are closed.