Trailer No.42 (1903)

Trailer No.42 at Laxey, June 2018 © Andrew Scarffe

CURRENT STATUS AND LOCATION YEAR LAST OPERATED LIVERY
Operational In Service Red/White/Teak

History
Trailer No.42 was ordered by the Manx Electric Railway Company in late 1903 from G.F Milnes. It took the number from the original 1898 trailer, which had latterly been Motorised and became No.26.

No.42 has seen pretty much constant use from its construction, usually operating on full-line service and specials. It has most recently seen repaints in Spring 2001 and Winter/Spring 2006. The Trailer was stored for a short period at Ramsey Car Shed in 2008, and was taken out of service for an overhaul during late 2008. It was found to be suffering from the cracked axles problem at the start of 2009, and was stored at the rear of the Derby Castle Top Shed awaiting rectification. In Winter 2017/18 an overhaul commenced, receiving new wheels and a complete refurbishment. No.42 returned to traffic on the 4th of June 2018, and remains part of the general service fleet.

Information:

techninfobutton

gallerybutton

< Back to Trailers

Comments are closed.