Trailer No.41 (1903)

Trailer No.41 after arriving behind Car No.5 at Derby Castle, during the 1920s. © Website Collection

Trailer No.41 after arriving behind Car No.5 at Derby Castle, during the 1920s. © Website Collection

CURRENT STATUS AND LOCATION YEAR LAST OPERATED LIVERY
Scrapped, 1930 1930 The M.E.R Co Red/White/Teak

History:
Trailer No.41 was ordered by the Manx Electric Railway Company in late 1903 from G.F Milnes. It took the number from the original 1898 trailer, which had latterly been Motorised and became No.25.

The Trailer remained in service pretty much constantly until April 1930, where it was destroyed in the Laxey Car Shed fire, and not replaced.

< Back to Trailers

Advertisements

Comments are closed.