Technical – Trailer No.53 (1893)

Built: G.F Milnes, Birkenhead
Delivered to M.E.R:
Summer 1893

Trucks:
1893-1978: Milnes Series 1
1978-4th May 2002: None
4th May 2002-9th May 2002: Milnes Series 1
9th May 2002-28th November 2010: None
28th November 2010-Current: Milnes Series 1

Seating Capacity:

1893-Current: 44

Exterior:

1894: Fitted with Curved Canvas Roof
1903: Fitted with Curved Wooden Roof
Mid-1940s: Rebuilt with full-height Bulkheads

Numbering:

1893-1895: Trailer No.15
1895-1898: Trailer No.27
1898-1903/04: Trailer No.32
1903/04-Current: Trailer No.53

Overhauls:
1929
Mid-1940s

Liveries/Repaints:

1893-1894: Brown (Cream Numbering, Brown (Lined Yellow/Cream) Bulkheads with Douglas & Laxey Coast Electric Tramway lettering), Brown Valance, and Grey Footboards.

1894-Mid-1940s: Brown (Yellow Numbering, Brown (Lined Yellow) Bulkheads), Brown Valance, White Roof and Grey Footboards. (Repainted 1914)

Mid-1940s-1957/63: Red/Teak (White Numbering, Red/Teak Bulkheads), Red Valance, White Roof and Grey Footboards.

1957/63-Current: Red/White (White Numbering, Red/White/Teak Bulkheads with M.E.R Crest), White Valance, White Roof and Grey Footboards.

Notable Dates:

04/05/2002 – Moved from Laxey Car Shed to Derby Castle Car Sheds for further storage

09/05/2002 – Moved from Derby Castle to Homefield Bus Garage for further storage (by road)

28/11/2009 – Moved from Homefield Bus Garage to Derby Castle Car Sheds for further storage (by road)

< Back to Trailer No.53 (1893)

Advertisements

Comments are closed.