Technical – Car No.17 (1898)

Conductors:
1898 – 19xx: Trolley Pole
19xx-Current: None

Trucks:
1898-1914: Milnes Series 3 (E.C.C Frames) – Swapped trucks with Locomotive No.23 during Winter periods from 1900 to January 1914
1914-1993: Milnes Series 3 (E.C.C Frames)
1993-April 2002: Milnes Series 1
November 2009-Current: Milnes Series 3 (E.C.C Frames)

Traction Motors:

1898-1993: 4 x E.C.C (Electric Car Company, Wolverhampton) 20hp
1993-April 2002: None
November 2009-Current: 4 x E.C.C (Electric Car Company, Wolverhampton) 20hp

Controllers:

1898-1946: General Electric K11 units
1946-1990s: General Electric K12 units

Braking:
1898-Current: ‘Ratchet’ Handbraking

Seating Style:
1898-Current: Crossbench

Seating Capacity:
1898-Current: 56

Overhauls:
1935

Liveries/Repaints:

Dates Carried Livery Notes Image
1898-1899 Brown/White/Teak with ‘Isle of Man Tramways & Electric Power Co.’ lettering  Lettering carried on solebar
1899-1903  Brown/White/Teak with ‘Douglas & Ramsey Electric Tramways’ lettering Lettering removed 1902
1903-1944/47 Red/White/Teak with ‘The Manx Electric Railway Co Ltd.’ lettering  Repainted 1926, 1934
1944/47-1966/68 Red/White/Teak with M.E.R Lettering
1966/68-Current Red/White/Teak with ‘Manx Electric Railway.’ lettering

 

Notable Dates:

26/09/1977  – Moved from Derby Castle Car Sheds to Laxey Car Shed by Car No.16

1978/79 – Moved from Laxey Car Shed to Derby Castle Bottom Sheds

1992 – Moved from Derby Castle Bottom Sheds to Laxey Car Shed

16/04/2002 – Moved from Laxey Car Shed to Derby Castle Top Sheds by Car No.6

30/04/2002 – Moved partly to Derby Castle by Car No.9, then hand-pushed to departure stop for de-trucking and onward movement to Homefield Bus Garage, Upper Douglas

04/12/2009 – Moved from Homefield Bus Garage, Upper Douglas back to Derby Castle departure stop, and was re-trucked.

< Back to Car No.17

Advertisements

Comments are closed.