Technical – Car No.10 (1895)

Conductors:
1895-1898: Bow Collectors
1898-1902: Trolley Pole
1902-Current: None

Trucks:
1894–1918: Milnes Series 3 (Milnes Frames)
1918-2001: Milnes Series 1 (Milnes Frames)
December 2009: Milnes Series 1 (Milnes Frames)
December 2009-February 2011: None, mounted on wooden sleepers
February 2011-Current: Milnes Series 1 (Milnes Frames)

Traction Motors:
1895-1902: 2 x Mather and Platt 25hp
1902-Current: None

Controllers:
1895-1902: Mather and Platt
1902-Current: None

Braking:
1893-Winter 1920: Handbrake only
Winter 1920-1940s: Air Braking

Interior:
1918: Cab Partitions fitted

Seating Style:
1895-1918: Transverse Reversible wooden seats

Seating Capacity:
1895-1918: 48

Exterior:
1918: One bodyside panel and window frame removed and doors placed into bodysides, windows boarded up and window bars removed.

Numbering:
1895-1918: Car No.10
1918-Current: Freight Trailer No.26

Overhauls:
1918
1979

Liveries/Repaints:

Dates Carried Livery Notes Image
1893-1903 Blue/White/Teak with ‘Douglas & Laxey Coast Electric Tramway.’ lettering
1918 – Winter 1978 Grey with M.E.R Lettering
Winter 1978-Current Grey with M.E.R Lettering

Known Passenger Workings:

07/09/1993 – Ramsey to Laxey, Laxey to Ramsey, hauled by Car No.19 (to participate in Centenary Day Cavalcade)

Additional Information:

xx/01/2001 – Moved to Derby Castle departure stop for de-trucking and onward movement to Homefield Bus Garage, Upper Douglas

04/12/2009 – Moved from Homefield Bus Garage, Upper Douglas back to Derby Castle departure stop, and was re-trucked.

08/12/2010 – Moved from Derby Castle Car Sheds to Ramsey Car Shed by Locomotive No.34, trucks removed and placed on wooden sleepers.

04/11/2014 – Moved from storage in Ramsey Car Shed by Simplex 40S280, and transferred onto a low-loader, then moved from Ramsey Car Shed to Laxey.

05/11/2014 – Unloaded from low-loader, then moved from Laxey Station for further storage in Laxey Car Shed.

< Back to Car No.10

Comments are closed.