Permanent Way – Tower Wagon No.1 (1931)

Tower Wagon No.1 behind Car No.2 on Overhead Line duties at Groudle Glen during the 1960s. © A.D Packer

Numbers Carried: None, but Numbered ’1′
Built: Manx Electric Railway, Derby Castle, 1931
Classification:
Tower Wagon

Current Status/Location: Scrapped, 1979
Year Last Operated: 1978
Livery: Red

History: Tower Wagon No.1 was built alongside No.3 to replace the original three examples destroyed in the April 1930 Laxey Car Shed fire, and used on Overhead Line Department work up until 1979, where it was then dismantled (replaced by the Wagon No.10 and Van No.12 conversions).

< Back to Permanent Way

Comments are closed.