|CURRENT STATUS AND LOCATION||YEAR LAST OPERATED||LIVERY|
Car No.8 was the fifth of six ‘Tunnel Cars’ built by G.F Milnes and delivered to the M.E.R in 1894 in time for the opening of the extension to Laxey. Originally fitted with Milnes trucks and M&P electrical equipment, the Car was refitted with Brush ‘D’ Trucks and air brake equipment in 1903.
No.8 was one of four Cars lost in the 1930 Laxey Car Shed fire, and although plans for its replacement were made, they were not carried out. In recent years, Car No.6 masqueraded as No.8 during the 1994 Enthusiast Events.