|CURRENT STATUS AND LOCATION||YEAR LAST OPERATED||LIVERY|
|Scrapped, 1930||1930||M.E.R Red/White/Teak|
Car No.3 was the last of the first batch of Motors supplied by G.F Milnes in Summer 1893 for the Douglas and Laxey Coast Electric Tramway, delivered with Milnes’s Series 3 trucks and Mather & Platt electrical equipment. The Car was extensively used on the testing of the new line to Groudle. As part of the equipment renewal across the fleet in the early 1900s, No.3, along with Car Nos. 1 and 2, was re-equipped with Brush ‘D’ Trucks and air braking in July 1903.
No.3 was destroyed in the Laxey Car Shed fire of April 1930, however it’s trucks were reused elsewhere on the network. It is thought that the Car had seen works attention during the winter months and was in storage until the summer season; a practise common on the M.E.R. at the time.
Although nothing of the Car remains, it’s memory has been apparent in recent years, with No.2 masquerading as it’s lost classmate at periods in 1993 and 1994. Most recently, No.3 was commemorated again in November 2013, with both Cars 1 and 2 featuring as the lost car.