|CURRENT STATUS AND LOCATION||YEAR LAST OPERATED||LIVERY|
|Scrapped, 1930||1930||The M.E.R Co Red/White/Teak|
Car 24 was the first of four ‘Paddleboxes’ originally delivered as un-powered Trailer No.19, built by G.F.Milnes in 1898. Following the delivery of the ‘Winter Saloons’ in 1899, it was renumbered as Trailer No.40, although the car did not keep this identity long, being motorised with new Brush ‘D’ trucks in 1903 while also gaining air brakes and a renumber to No.24.
As part of the refurbishment, the car’s footboards were raised in places above the new, larger bogies, gaining the ‘paddlebox’ nickname. The car was unfortunately lost in the Laxey Car Shed fire of April 1930 where it was in winter storage, and it’s remains scrapped or re-used. However, No.24 was recreated by numbering classmate No.26 for enthusiasts events in 1994 and 1995.