1st to 8th September 2018 – Save the Date!
Eight days of enthusiast and family orientated special events on the Manx Electric Railway to celebrate the 125th anniversary of the opening on the line on 7th September 1893.
Events will include;
- Three No.1s in service at Laxey station – M.E.R. 1, Snaefell Mountain Railway 1 and Douglas Bay Horse Tramway 1.
- Cavalcade of MER trams through Laxey Station.
- Parallel run from Ramsey to Douglas using 1893 cars 1 and 2.
- Illuminated tram and trailer
- Operation of the Summer 1975 timetable for one day.
- Intensive ‘Edwardian-style’ Groudle service.
- Open days, evening photography, photographic tours.
Full details to be advised soon.