The 1893 Originals – 28 – Overhaul and Return

< Back to The 1893 Originals

With both cars withdrawn for repairs, they joined the queue of cars awaiting repair, and, after the return to traffic of Car No.7 in the Summer of 2011, Car No.1 was selected to undergo repair work in the Winter of 2011. The Car did make one private hire appearance in May however, but was quickly withdrawn again afterwards. It’s next public appearance was on display outside Derby Castle Car Sheds during the July Transport Festival. Repairs started in the Winter period, with the Car being placed on trestles in the Bottom Shed at Derby Castle.

© Alex Fairlie

© Alex Fairlie

Following repairs and new wheelsets for it’s Brush ‘D’ trucks (984 and 991), Car No.1 returned to traffic in the Spring of 2012. It is pictured here during it’s ‘withdrawn’ period, on display on the 29th of July 2011, underneath the famous ‘Electric Railway’ sign.

< Back to The 1893 Originals

Comments are closed.