The 1893 Originals – 5 – Trolley Poles and A New Title?

< Back to The 1893 Originals

5 – Trolley poles and a new title?

During Winter 1897/98, the entire class lost their bow collector equipment for trolley poles, which are still retained to this day. All however seemed to have kept their ‘Douglas and Laxey Coast Electric Tramway’ lettering, while the newer 4-9 series all received the ‘Douglas, Laxey and Ramsey Electric Railway’ title, after the extension of the line to Ballure and Ramsey.

© Website Collection

© Website Collection

The picture above shows a 1-3 series of Car with the newly fitted trolley pole, hauling 1896-built Trailer No.27, today’s No.60 at Laxey during the late 1890s/early 1900s.

< Back to The 1893 Originals

Comments are closed.