The 1893 Originals – 26 – A Similar Scheme

< Back to The 1893 Originals

With the immediate success of Car No.1’s repaint into Red, White and Teak livery (it returning to traffic in September for the 150 Years of the Laxey Wheel Event), the decision was taken to repaint Car No.2 to match.

The car was moved to Ramsey Car Shed in November 2004 (The usual time for repaints when compared to Car No.1’s in the Summer) for a full repaint in the usual fleet Red, White and Teak livery, although with different lettering to it’s sister; Car No.2 carrying the title ‘Manx Electric Railway’, one it had not carried since the mid 1940s!

© Richard Pryke

© Richard Pryke

Car No.2 returned to traffic in Spring 2005, nearly once again matching Car No.1. It is pictured here in the Blacksmiths Siding at Laxey waiting to return to Derby Castle with Trailer No.40.

< Back to The 1893 Originals

Comments are closed.