In 1993, Both Cars No.1 and No.2 celebrated 100 years in service. The pair were both refreshed for the year during the Winter of 1992/93, with the dash-panels re-painted and relined, and the trucks repainted. Both ran throughout the summer months on specials, often to Laxey and on rare occasions, Ramsey. The pair took part in parallel runs between Derby Castle and Groudle during the Spring and Autumn season, something which was well received by the numerous photographers and visitors to the island during the Centenary Year, and a practice that was continued throughout the decade.
In this picture Car No.1 has just arrived at the departure stop at Derby Castle on Centenary Day, the 7th of September 1993. Sporting a celebratory ‘Isle of Man Year of Railways’ headboard, the Car is paired with 1893-built Trailer No.51.