With both members of the class appearing regularly on specials, the opportunity was taken in Winter 1963/64 to touch up Car No.2’s paintwork to match Car No.1, with the red above the windows painted white, and the white paintwork round the headlight rims removed. The 1922 lining still remained, however! Additionally during the late 1950s, the Car received hooks along both sides, giving it the ability to carry ladders for Overhead Line duties (which would have not fit inside the saloons).
As previously mentioned, the Cars usually worked to Ramsey with the heavier crossbench trailers, the 40-48 series. In the above picture, Car No.2 passes Dhoon Farm with a 45-48 series Trailer en-route to Derby Castle during July 1969. © Lindsay Bridge