The 1893 Originals – 12 – Upgrades and Works

< Back to The 1893 Originals

During the Autumn/Winter of 1947 both Cars 1 and 2 had their controller equipment updated from General Electric K11 controllers to the newer K12, Car No.1 being fitted in October, No.2 in November, bringing them in-line with the rest of the passenger fleet. From the early 1950s, Car No.1 was drafted into use with the Permanent Way department, working on duties with the dedicated flat Trailer No.52 and the Weedkilling Wagon, No.9.

© M King Collection

© M King Collection

Car No.1 is pictured here waiting in the Blacksmiths Siding in 1957 with Weedkilling Wagon, No.9 to return to Derby Castle.

< Back to The 1893 Originals

Comments are closed.