Waiting Shelters – Lewaigue (1898-1986)

Built for the extension of the line to Ballure in 1898, it was removed in 1986 and placed on the former Cattle Dock at Ramsey. During July 2012 it was moved for restoration by the Laxey and Lonan Heritage Trust, with intentions to display it as a typical M.E.R wayside halt shelter. A replica has since been constructed, using parts from the original.

The old shelter from Lewaigue opposite to the Laxey Blacksmith's Siding, July 2012. © Alex Fairlie

The old shelter from Lewaigue opposite to the Laxey Blacksmith’s Siding, July 2012. © Alex Fairlie

< Back to Infrastructure – Waiting Shelters

Advertisements

Comments are closed.