Structures – Laxey Glen Roy Viaduct (1898)

Constructed in 4 months from March 1898 by local contractor Mark Carine, the Laxey Glen Roy Viaduct is a 240ft four-arched viaduct, built for the extension from the 1896 Laxey Terminus to Ballure. A fifth span on the Ramsey-end of the Viaduct provides a bridge over Church Hill/ Glen Road.

Laxey Glen Roy Viaduct in September 2010, viewed from New Road Bridge. © David Martin

Click below for further photos of this location:railwaygallery

< Back to Infrastructure – Structures

Advertisements

Comments are closed.