Structures – Ballagorry Overbridge (1901)

The bridge was built in 1901 by engineer Joshua Shaw to allow a farmer access from his land to the Laxey-Ramsey road. Originally a wooden structure, it was rebuilt in the 1950s, using reinforced concrete. In 1989, the Ballagorry Substation was constructed into the eastern side parapet, replacing the facilities previously located at the Power Station.

Ballagorry Bridge on the 4th of August 2010, with Car No.33 underneath. © David Martin

Click below for further photos of this location:railwaygallery

< Back to Infrastructure – Structures

Advertisements

Comments are closed.