Built in 1903, It was used up until the ceasing of goods traffic by M.E.R during March 1966. From the opening of the Electric Railway Museum in Ramsey Car Shed in 1979 till it’s closure in 1991, the Goods Shed was used for the recessing of the last northbound service overnight to form the first southbound service in the morning. An inspection pit was also added inside, but was very vulnerable to flooding.
During 1992 it was converted into a Visitor Centre (with disabled access ramp and steps), displaying Trailer No.59 and an accompanying diorama about the Royal Visit in August 1902. The Visitor Centre was closed during 1999, and became the youth drop-in Centre during 2003, refurbished again during Spring 2011. During November/December 2016 the building was demolished during the remodelling of the Ramsey station area.