Buildings – Ramsey Palace Concert Hall and Booking Office (-1991)

The Concert Hall (later Plaza Cinema) was purchased by the Isle of Man Tramway and Electric Power Co Ltd in 1897, in preparation of an extension to Ramsey. Leased to other operators, it was sold off entirely by the M.E.R Co in 1938.

In half of the northern end, a Booking Office was made up and used until 1964, when it was replaced by the purpose-built Station Building. The building itself was demolished in 1991, and replaced by a car park.

< Back to Buildings and Premises – Ramsey

Advertisements

Comments are closed.