Buildings – Ramsey Car Shed (1899-2016)

Built in 1899, Ramsey Car Shed was a two road building, constructed for the opening of the line to Ramsey in the same year. The second road in the building was then accessed by a kickback siding, which could hold a Car and Trailer.

During 1979 it was converted into an ‘Electric Railway Museum’, remaining in that guise until 1991, whereupon it once again reverted to use as a car shed, being condemned at the end of the 2014 season in November. During November/December 2016 the building was demolished during the remodelling of the Ramsey station area.

< Back to Buildings and Premises – Ramsey

< Back to Features – Passenger

Advertisements

Comments are closed.