Buildings – Laxey Car Shed (1930-2008)

Built in 1930, as a replacement for the original Laxey Car Shed, it was a four road building (numbered from the left), with three accessible from the Derby Castle-end, the fourth by a kick-back track at the Ramsey end.

In Winter 1974/75, the building was repainted, with a black roof, green doors and green sides. After falling into disrepair, it was demolished in 2008, and replaced by a newer example.

Laxey Car Shed on the 1st of June 1969, with Car No.20 passing on the 10:15 service from Laxey to Derby Castle. © Richard Pryke

Click below for further photos of this location:railwaygallery

< Back to Buildings and Premises – Laxey Car Shed

< Back to Features – Passenger

Advertisements

Comments are closed.